I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I keep messing up the sister sock. Last night I cast on for the left cable sock. Things are going along smoothly and I completed the ribbing. Today my son sees my needles entwined with yarn and decides to yank out one of the needles. Grr. But not a problem, I caught him time to salvage my loose stitches. After he’s been put down for a nap I pick it up to resume my work. I managed to start working on the sock inside out and instead of ripping it all out again decide to just toss it out. Try #3 results in some big holes on two sides of the sock. I am just not having any luck today and think I may wait ’til later to resume knitting sock #2. Oh yes, to add insult to injury, I discovered why I ended up with only one cable on the side of my sock.
I mentioned this before about how I thought it was kind of weird to have only one cable on the side of the sock. Especially since now that the one is finished I was wondering how I would get the cable on the correct facing out side on sock #2. Upon reading through the instructions again today, while it says you do the cable pattern repeat once, there’s actually room to do it twice. If you do this, you would end up with one cable on each side of the sock. The more I think about this, the more I want to scrap the whole project and begin all over from scratch. *sigh* I think tonight I’m just going to work on my blanket and shawl.